PDF Imposing software

From my magazine publishing the days we did everything but trapping and imposition. There is no, at least that I have ever been able to realize, cost benefit in imposing and trapping your books. If the printer has to switch presses, more likely switch plants, it is possible that they will have to re-impose the job to run the job.

Everything we did at Paizo was to drive down costs and make our files consistent and as perfect as we could. We had access to imposition and trapping software but there was no real benefit in flexibility, speed, quality or anything else. Maybe you want to impose into spreads for your proofing purposes, but I would never encourage someone other than the printer to impose or trap the pages.

but I would never encourage someone other than the printer to impose or trap the pages.

I agree. My "at least yet" comment was more on the lines who knows what the future has in-store. Right now I'm totally green when it comes to imposition software, and would just like to further my knowledge base.

And true, it would be helpful to impose, for example, a 32-page picture book, in-house, to see which images are going to print inline with each other. That way we can better detect potential color shifts.

Regarding trapping, I just make sure the printer honors my Overprints, and let them handle the rest.

And true, it would be helpful to impose, for example, a 32-page picture book, in-house, to see which images are going to print inline with each other. That way we can better detect potential color shifts.

If you know that your pages always run on a specific press size and imposition where you can "proof" the whole sheet then this would work. Everything has to run the same way consistently otherwise you may be proofing the wrong imposition and make inaccurate color changes.

Hi,
I see we were mentioned a few times. So, if you haven't selected an imposition product yet and would like to test drive a demo version of Quite Imposing Plus, please do. Just go to our site Quite at Home and download a demo version of Quite Imposing Plus.
It's approx $899.00. If you are doing simple booklets just take a look at Quite Imposing it's only $475.00.

Here is your Serial number and private code:
Quite Imposing Plus V1/V2
Expires end 11/2009 Serial 4401-6635-8281-6274 Code 6391

Also, if you have any problems at all we;ll be happy to help. Just send an email to [email protected] or give us a ring.

Once loaded: Check out Getting Started tech sheet. Go to our Imposition Control Panel and click on the ? button.....then click the Getting Started button. Lots of good information on signature setups Step-by-step Instructions and New features.
Take a look at Quite Imposing: tech sheet too-it has more tech sheets.

cheers,
Charles

Charles James
Technical/Marketing Director
Quite Software
1527 Law Street
San Diego, CA 92109
USA
[email protected]
Quite at Home

Which of the software mentioned in this post (if any) will allow one to impose jobs with sheets rotated 90 degrees to each other. For instance If I wanted to fit 3 4x6 sheets on an 8.5x11.

Thanks

This is called "dutch cut" or "monkey imposition". Most Impostrip solutions will do this very easily. If you are looking to purchase a solution very soon, contact me deirectly and we'll send you a complete version to try for free.

Ray Duval
Ultimate Technographics

[email protected]

inpO2 can do what you want....

inpO2 can do what you want....

Which of the software mentioned in this post (if any) will allow one to impose jobs with sheets rotated 90 degrees to each other. For instance If I wanted to fit 3 4x6 sheets on an 8.5x11.
Thanks

You can do what you want with most imposition products. With our inpO2 product line for Adobe Acrobat, you would probably want our inpO2 Basic product so that you can build custom imposition layouts for use in the inpO2 Wizard. Right now, we have a promotion where you can download our inpO2 Wizard for free (a $300 value). It's a fully working version of the Wizard (not a demo version). You can download it from the following URL.

http://www.dynagram.com/News/default.asp?sec=monthly_promotion&id=82

Also, as you will see, we offer a weekly free Webinar that you can join in on and learn about the other modules available for inpO2. That's the strength of inpO2, it's not just an entry level or high-end imposition software, it's scalable. All based on the same application so as you add more modules, you just add functionality. You don't have to relearn a new application.

Anyway... give the inpO2 Wizard a try... let me know what you think and I hope to see you at this weeks training webinar on Thursday!

Take care!
Michael Reiher
Director of Sales and Marketing
Dynagram

Adding on to this thread. We get complete .pdf files ready for print booklets. What is a good program for creeping? We have CS4 and dont have any kind of impose program was hoping this setting was alrady included in one of the CS4 programs or a low cost add on.

Quite Imposing

Quite Imposing

Hello -

does anyone know if the above software is able to number signatures at all eg. 1A 1B 2A and so on, on the fly so to speak?

Great piece of software but as far as I can tell it doesn't do this automatically!

Anyone know of a inexpensive gang-run imposition software that automates the thing just by inputting sizes and quantities and could fill up a given sheet automatically? Besides Metrix?

proper calculations in order to gan various size and various quanties jobs to fill plates/sheets are commonly found only in higher end solutions. Most of them are in the "thousands", not the "hundreds".

If you want to test drive our Autoflow solution within Impostrip Solo, please contact me directly.

Ray Duval
Ultimate Technographics

[email protected]

proper calculations in order to gan various size and various quanties jobs to fill plates/sheets are commonly found only in higher end solutions. Most of them are in the "thousands", not the "hundreds".

If you want to test drive our Autoflow solution within Impostrip Solo, please contact me directly.

Ray Duval
Ultimate Technographics

[email protected]

Does this software fully automate and calculate by autoimposing either sheetwork/workturn/worktumble for the best sheet size used and calculate # of sheets?

Which are some of the softwares out there that does this even if its in the couple of thousands?

Just curious as to why nobody has mentioned XMF? I only say that because over the last 20 years I have used most of the software that has been mentioned in this thread and find that XMF if far more powerful and quicker.
Now I know that it is not a cheep solution that the thread was started for but for nobody to mention it has me stumped.

Preps 6

Preps 6

A previous post listed Preps 6 as an option. For anyone used to Preps 5x, 6 is a totally new product requiring more training than ever to master. Preps also has to cost at least $5,000 or more so it would be overkill for most digital printers.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back