AccuZip6 5.0 SUCKS!

Craig

Do yourself a favor and don't get this program for mailing. It is SLOW and an absolute waste of time if you are doing multiple mailers every day. The programs does not function as they say it should, I wasted $1500.00 to find this out and they won't refund my money. It must be written by third graders, they can't seem to get their dictionary to function at all, so address correction takes forever. Just to print out the reports takes 3 minutes!!

Believe me I will be looking long and hard at any other solution when this subscription is up. Thanks for the suggestion!

Depending on your mailing needs take a look at Satori bulk mailer.
BCC is some serious mailing software with a price to match.

Phone support has been good.
Sorry no user forum.
I guess where I'm coming from is Bulk mailer is pretty straight forward easy to use, lots of wizards to guide you. I did a demo with BCC and it was just a cold interface, very powerful though, if you learn to write in their scripting language. If my mailing needs get more involved I may have to revisit BCC, but for right now the types and quantities I deal with, Satori fills the bill.

Do yourself a favor and don't get this program for mailing. It is SLOW and an absolute waste of time if you are doing multiple mailers every day. The programs does not function as they say it should, I wasted $1500.00 to find this out and they won't refund my money. It must be written by third graders, they can't seem to get their dictionary to function at all, so address correction takes forever. Just to print out the reports takes 3 minutes!!

Can you be specific about any of these things? You sound pretty upset and want to get an angry post out there, but what is slow about it?

I've been using accuzip for around 4 or 5 years. I get validation speeds at about 300 records per second (around a million per hour). Is that the speed you're getting?

Anyway, you might be able to save some cass time by copying some of the amsdata files to a ram drive or usb stick.

I've never had anything but good luck with them, and their chat support is great. I never have to wait, which I hate doing with other companies. Usually chat support is a joke, but they seem to have several people waiting around to take chats, which is really cool.

Anyway, I highly recommend it. It's saved our asses from a lot of work, and saved money over the more expensive programs. Craig looks like he's having a bad day. :D

Wait, you just complimented BCC and now you want to know about Bulk Mailer?

What's wrong with BCC (besides the price)?

Nothing is wrong with BCC. I ask questions like this to get more information personally so I am a more rounded person professionally. I also asked this question to get people to think about how they think their software and support can be improved. There is always ways for things to be improved and those who say they can't be any better are hiding themselves from the truth.

Nothing is wrong with BCC. I ask questions like this to get more information personally so I am a more rounded person professionally. I also asked this question to get people to think about how they think their software and support can be improved. There is always ways for things to be improved and those who say they can't be any better are hiding themselves from the truth.

I don't think anybody has said things can't be any better. But it is possible to be satisfied with a product and service. I have several programs that I'm very happy with. The good thing for us is, these companies (BCC, AccuZIP, Satori) keep making improvements (some of which they don't have a choice in, considering how often the USPS makes changes).

For support to be good, it should be easy to access techs during business hours, there should be info available during off hours, and I shouldn't have to budget for problems I have to call support for. Luckily, I'm happy with the product I have in each of those respects.

Can you be specific about any of these things? You sound pretty upset and want to get an angry post out there, but what is slow about it?

I've been using accuzip for around 4 or 5 years. I get validation speeds at about 300 records per second (around a million per hour). Is that the speed you're getting?

Anyway, you might be able to save some cass time by copying some of the amsdata files to a ram drive or usb stick.

I've never had anything but good luck with them, and their chat support is great. I never have to wait, which I hate doing with other companies. Usually chat support is a joke, but they seem to have several people waiting around to take chats, which is really cool.

Anyway, I highly recommend it. It's saved our asses from a lot of work, and saved money over the more expensive programs. Craig looks like he's having a bad day. :D

OK used Accuzip for a year and will never look at it again! Going to Bulk Mailer!!

I have used all the "tricks" to speed up Accuzip, and yes it is validating at about 300 records per second with a usb drive. But it is painfully SLOW with everything else.

I put it head to head with Bulk Mailer and was amazed at the difference in speed and the fact that Bulk Mailer processed records more accurate making the postage cheaper. I processed the same 3 lists with both software and all 3 times Bulk Mailer was faster and more accurate than Accuzip and the postage rates were much less (the lists were all less than 5000 records). On average it took 20 to 35 minutes from importing the data to printing the forms with Accuzip, more time if I had to attempt to correct undeliverable addresses. It takes almost 3 minutes just to print the reports in Accuzip! The same 3 data files were almost 3 times as fast in Bulk Mailer and more accurate with the undeliverable address almost half of Accuzip. Also Bulk Mailer is much more user friendly with the ability to easily manage multiple permits and multiple IMB accounts.

The Accuzip software does have some more options, I'll give them that, but the amount of time it takes and the frustration is just unbearable! With Bulk Mailer I can actually process a list and generate reports while a customer is standing at the counter waiting to pay, I could never do that with Accuzip! Accuzip is a great program with some great options, but it is way to inefficient when you are processing several lists a day.

Satori Bulk Mailer?

Satori Bulk Mailer?

Hey Craig - are you still happy with Bulk Mailer? We are looking at Accuzip vs. Bulk Mailer to stop sending some of the mailing work out. Thanks for your input.

We have been using Accuzip for 2 years we do anywhere from 10 to 30 mailings per day in different quantities and have been very satisfied, chat support has always been very helpful and available.
just my 2 cents:)

I found this thread by accident and was perplexed by it. We have been using Accuzip for several years and it is extremely fast. We are even accessing the files over a network RAID and it is still very fast.

Same thing here. I found this thread by accident. We have been using AccuZIP for over a decade, and we were using Satori before that. I LOVED Satori Bulk Mailer and was initially very upset about the change to AccuZIP6. Once the initial shock was over, I found AccuZIP6 to be a powerful application.

You are correct that it isn't as user-friendly as Satori Bulk Mailer. Additionally, until we moved to a PC with a SSD, the speed wasn't great. Since then, it is plenty fast. I can process a typical mail file in 7-15 minutes on average, depending on the number of records. Of course, there are the exceptions, but they are almost always because the file supplied by the customer requires work to get the data into a format that can be imported. I have no clue as to why it would take three minutes to generate the paperwork. It completes within seconds for us.

What led me to this thread today is I was searching for a solution to non-ASCII characters being mangled by AccuZIP. From what I can determine with my searches, it is something that is typical across pretty much all mailing applications.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back