mobile proofing

earl

We're starting to hear plenty of requests for ipad etc. compatible online proofs. Unfortunately Kodak Insite Creative is not offering. (Insite used w/prinergy is available if I understand correctly.

So what's out there besides the major workflow add ons? Anything?

Not many people know (yet). The InSite development team formed a company called Viki Solutions who have a replacement for InSite. I am the original architect of InSite back from the Creo days and founded Viki Solutions in 2010 when Kodak asked me to lay off my entire R&D team in Canada (53 people). Our product is called Vera and is a complete replacement of InSite Creative Workflow. And our HTML proofer application (called Vproof) runs on iPad.

Yes we do have a customer using Prinect with Vera.

Vera's architecture allows for one or more prepress systems to be connected to one Vera system. We have built specific connectors to Kodak Prinergy Connect and Enfocus Pitstop Server as well as a generic file system connector. We have customers who have used the file system connector to Fuji XMF and Heidelberg Prinect. All connectors allow for an interaction with the end user such that:
1. the user uploads a file into a job
2. the file is delivered to and is processed by prepress workflow
3. Prepress workflow creates one or more files from the source file and registers them with Vera
4. Vera displays the results to the end user for proofing, or Vera sends an email to the user that the proofs are ready
5. When the user approves the files, prepress workflow is notified. With Prinergy Connect this step goes a bit further by integrating into Prinergy's RBA Rules Based Automation for further automation.

Please contact our office for a demo, trial account, and further information. You can get full contact information on our web site vikisolutions.com.

Is there a solution out there that has the basics of Prinergy yet is focused on smaller shops that have say a 524 and a couple 2 colors?
Prinergy is way overkill for my sized shop and it's not possible to cost justify a system like that, but it would be nice to have a portal to be able to upload proofs for simple online approvals.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back