Ideal margin sizes?

Re: Ideal margin sizes?

I usually use 1/4 inch top, outside and bottom and 1/2 inch inside if it's saddle stitching.

I always think a good half inch on the outside margins so your thumbs dont hide the print works

Peter
There was a formula (ratio - I think it was 3 units on the outside 4 units at the top , in the middle 2.5 units (giving 5 across the spread) in and 6 at the foot.
http://www.desktoppublishingforum.com/bb/forumdisplay.php?f=3
Go on this site Kathleen Tinkel is/was one of the leading typographers she will help you

I'm in commercial offset sheetfed and use .5" (half inch) all the way around, so crop is always 1" (one inch) larger than trim size, and page is always centered in paper - in all programs. Smooth sailing, and can quickly tell trim size on any file with marks and bleeds, no matter what program I'm in.

Don

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back