Quark 6.1 will not upgrade to 6.5.

Hentch

My Quark 6.1 will not upgrade to 6.5. I I get an "1008:5,-5000 Access denied error" and it say I do "not have enough access privileges" when I run the installer.

I get this error when the installer is about 60% installed.

I'm the admin for the machine so I should be able to install the update.

I tried making another user and installing it but that did not work either.

Anyone have this issue and can shed some light or give me things to try that would be great.

Re: Quark 6.1 will not upgrade to 6.5.

Is the suspect Mac running OS 10.4.11?

I was recently reformatting a production Mac and re-installing the major apps (CS2, CS3, QuarkXPress, etc.).

Before installing any apps, I performed all Mac OS X 10.4 updates all the way to 10.4.11.

I installed QuarkXPress 6.1 and it was fine. When attempting to update to 6.5 I would get the same error as you described. I tried Repairing Permissions, FSCK, all the tricks I know and tried running the update several more times - - no luck.

I resorted to reformatting the drive again, but this time, I left it at 10.4.7. Then I did the whole QuarkXPress install again and updated to 6.5. No problems. Went all the way to 6.52, all was OK. I then proceeded to update to OS X 10.4.11. All was still golden.

Long story made short....I think there is a conflict between the Quark 6.5 installer and Mac OS 10.4.11.

Yes. Call Quark and ask them for a full installer and not just an update installer. That fixed it for me.

Don

Have you tried logging in as the super user through NetInfo Manager? On some of my 6.5 installs on MacBooks I had to create a temporary super user account and install through that account.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back