can i use preps impsition program with HQ-Rip from screen?

mohd_dubai

*HI Friends,*

*HQ- Rip from screen is just used to rip only , and other workflow from screen is too expensive so can i use external program to make imposition like PREPS and send imposed file to HQ-rip??*

*regards,*

Re: can i use preps impsition program with HQ-Rip from screen?

Hi Mohd,

we are using Preps at work with HQ RIP, what we are doing is imposing the file using Preps, then print to PDF, so we can do what ever we want with that PDF fiel, you can send it to any RIP, or put it in any hot folder.

hope that will help

We have 4 HQ rips, We use Heidelberg's Signa Station. We have two seats. The price is high, but not much higher than preps we do imposition work and gang work all on SM102's, many forms are imposition and montage on the same run (Signa handles this very nicely)
We are a room workflow (DCS) so we place .pdf pointers and print straight to the rip for hires swap. This is ps out, but you could go PDF out or JDF
We do approximitly 12 forms a day sometimes more.
Very fast solution.

We bought Metrix last year and it is awesome. it is basically an layout/impo program, but you can export an imposed pdf and jdf if you prefer. this thing blows Preps out the back door.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back