Nexus Discussions

Re: Nexus

Thanks! I'm not a user but like to know what it's all about. I've run into a couple of shops where it is being used.

Frank

It is pretty much old technology. You don't want PostScript workflow. You want a PDF workflow. Instead, look at EskoArtwork's Neo PDF editor or a total Adobe PDF Print Engine workflow. You want to be able to edit your type using the PDF's embedded fonts, and be able to process PDF/X-4. Basically be able to edit the PDF the exact same as you would edit the native document. You would have all the necessary elements embedded and totally edit-able, including transparency. They want us to spend as much on the upgrade to this type of workflow from Nexus as they charged for Nexus and all it's add-ons.

Don

Yes, I'm using Odystar + Neo, perfect combination of PDF Workflow. Ask EskoArtwork to give you a demo!

We keep all of our files in Artpro format since there are many items in each line and they frequently have copy changes and are usually fairly complex graphics with a lot of trapping so we jsut edit the AP files rather than reprocess everything. Not to mention the files come in as Illy not exactly 100% press ready (think 40% here) and we don't for see that changing anytime soon.

We have to swap the Hi res with an FPO and get the files press ready. I'm fairly new to Nexus but have been an artpro user for years. To me Artpro has always been the key whereas Nexus (to me) is more or less another rip, sure after I went to class I went hot folder crazy but I can do everything I ever need with AP and any rip, so far Brisque, Xitron and now Nexus so in this case PS is still working just fine for me. I would like to investigate NEO a little further but right now I don't see it as a good fit in our environment.

Re: Nexus Discussions

Well actually Nexus has a PDF rip as an option that you can buy. We are using it right now in production and it is running just fine. Using it with Shuttle we couldn't be happier with it. You should look into it if you are looking for a PDF rip.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back