Brisque to Prinergy Evo

Phil

**Brisque to Prinergy Evo**. Anyone out there made the switch that could give me the pros and cons? Since Kodak wont be supporting Brisque or the Iris 43Wide soon, I'm sure I'll have to switch to something else soon. I really like Presstouch post rip editing capabilities and Photoshop for editing CTs. Is this possible with Prinergy Evo?

Re: Brisque to Prinergy Evo

Hi Phil

Not sure about the press touch issue but for editing CTs in Photoshop you will be doing that from your PDF.
As long as you have Acrobat Pro you can edit image and it will open up in photoshop.

Only issue we have seen with this is that if you are using a Tablet and pen you have a
good chance of moving the image....which can be BAD ! But other than that you should be all set.

Unless you plan on Color Managing your files using Device Links, EVO is not capable in this area.
If that is something your going to plan on doing you will need something like Alwan's Colors ColorHub
or something similar !

John

Re: Brisque to Prinergy Evo

Thanks for the reply John. Did you go from Brisque to Prinergy? If so was it an easy transition? How does Prinergy handle transparent images that rasterize type? Thanks again for tour input.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back