Someone who can print films for me

jonkovach

I just need something simple and cheap!!

I set up films for our screenprinting department. We do not do anything complicated. Just solid black films... I set up everything in Illustrator, and I include trap, bleed, crop and registration marks.... right on the file. Right now I print my films to an HP 5500 on a clear film. They are never right, never the right size, there is always something wrong with them.
I'd just like to find someone that can take my file and output it to film, cheaply!!! Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jon

Re: Someone who can print films for me

You can deal with the size or distortion issues you get from your HP, if you use a Xante ScreenWriter. It has a calibration utility to eliminate any size errors. it also has dot gain compensation, and was made for producing film for screen printing. The HP was not.

I would look into a used dolev 200/400.
There is one on Ebay for $3,500 btw - with RIP
Bet you they would take $2,000 and both
parties would be happy.
Just a suggestion.

Ah ha.... okay, here is another problem. We do large format signage.
SO..... for example, right now I am working on a film that it's total outside dimensions are rougly 49" x 49"....
Everything that has been posted in response seems to be for smaller format.
If I could get a machine, on eBay for example, and do the films in house - that would be great. Are there any wide format machines that are designed for this? Or any other solutions?
Also, that's not to say that I don't want to send anything out. If anyone would like to contact me with pricing on the above stated film, please email me at [[email protected]].
Jon

Edited by: Jon Kovach on Jan 17, 2008 11:53 AM

Hi Jon,

It is okay for people to say buy a Imagesetter on ebay but you must consider that it needs a film processor and all the mess that goes with it! Not to mention getting it all running and outputting correctly.

Best take up one of the contributors offer of sending files to them and let them take the strain of producing film to your specification.

We would be more than happy to help out. Problem might be time and distance though! Our website is www.blencolour.com.

Thanks

Karl

If distance is not an issue, we can output films (7mil-matte only) up to 40x60 on a Barco Imagesetter. Prices are around 8 cents a square inch. If we can help you out, please get in touch at [email protected]

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back