Yet another 10.5 Question

kaiserwilhelm

Hope I am in the right forum here.
I have read many (if not all) of the posts concerning 10.5 and production. We are getting brand new Mac Pros in the next few days.
My hope is to run 10.5 with CS3 and Quark 7.31. I am in direct mail and even if a file is sent in in 6.5 we have had no translation
issues. FYI - My only reason (so far) for wanting to go to 10.5 is that I do not want to have to do this all over again in 4 months
when we all go 10.5.3 or so. I am a firm believer in a wiped hard drive before an OS X install.
So, with that said,
The question is this: Is anyone out there running 10.5 with CS3, Q7.31, etc and running ok. This also includes
Acrobat 7 as I am not just that happy with Acrobat 8 as of yet.
If so, are you on an Intel chip? It just seems that so many of the issues reported are a G5 with PPC.
Bonus Question: Any Trueflow operators out there running the client on 10.5?

If this is in the wrong section, please move.

Chris

Edited by: Chris Prough on Jan 18, 2008 9:20 AM

Edited by: Chris Prough on Jan 18, 2008 9:21 AM

Re: Yet another 10.5 Question

I am running 10.5.1 on an Intel iMac, CS3 along with Acrobat 7 because Acrobat 8 is unusable in it's present state. And Quark 7.31. No more issues than any other setup running Panther/Tiger and CS/CS2/Quark

Thanks. Interesting to hear about Acrobat 8.
I thought I was the only one.
Unless I hear differently, I am going to go ahead and give us
all 10.5 - This WILL make the IT lady go insane.
She would have us on 10.2 (TRUSTED) if she had her choice.

I have a G5 1.8 Dual PPC with 1.23gb Ram with 10.5.2

I have running all CS3 applications, including Acrobat 8.0. I use Acrobat Professional 7.0 because of having Pitstop Professional v7.1

I have not seen any major problems, had to fix font issues on Suitcase Fusion though.

having bug fixes, will come along in time like ver 10.5.2.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back