Onyx Upgrade to 7.1

billythefish72

This probably a very silly question and please don't mock me if it is.

I am currently running Onyx Production House 7.0.6. We have been informed by our Onyx reseller, that we
need an engineer to upgrade to 7.1. We will need this engineer for half a day and have to pay rather a substantial cost.

My questions are, can I upgrade myself (I am reasonably competent user and have been tinkering with Mac and PC's for 10 years)? Is my reseller just trying to make a few easy pounds out of me? Is there anything I should look out for when I do upgrade?

The reason I need to upgrade is one of our paper suppliers has profiled a new media and they run 7.1.

BillytheFish

Re: Onyx Upgrade to 7.1

Hi Billy,

They are trying to pull one over on you.
Just download the new installer form Onyx and your set.
I did it, no help needed.

If you run into trouble, Onyx will help you. Better yet, call there tech line before you start and ask if they can help you.
They usually are really helpful but there manuals suck.

Good luck!

-Ian

We upgraded to 7.1. We did have some profile linking issues but outside of that it hasn't been to much of a hassle. We just downloaded the upgrade and went with it. Once we discovered fairly early on the profiles weren't linking up, we fixed right away and now no more issues than what we've had before.
Onyx themselves are awesome to deal with and almost always very quick to get back to an inquiry.

Thanks for the advice - I sat down cup of coffee in hand, all ready for the long haul.

5mins later I was all up and running!

Billy

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back