Online preflight solutions?

joelsawyer

I'm a web designer that recently joined a print shop in town. We're looking to redesign our site and allow for customers to upload PDF files via our new site. I'm looking for a solution that would automatically preflight the uploaded PDF and alert the customer of any errors.

I came across a similar post on this forum (http://printplanet.com/forums/adobe/12900-online-pdf-preflight-solutions) but it's several years old and the primary solution listed ( FlightCheck "online") seems to be out of date.

Ideally I would like to continue to use current software in our workflow... PitStop Pro 8 (and a new Xitron Sierra installation), but would be willing to look at other options.

Anyone have a system that auto preflights then takes the resulting report and alert the customer? We're not wanting a complete web-to-print solution, but more an added service to our customers that quickly alerts them to any problems they may have in their PDF without the need of someone in the print shop handling the file.

Thanks, and go easy on me... I'm from a web design background trying to dive into the details of printing.
Joel

I've got just such a solution in several different forms depending on how much you want to automate, where you want to do it and how far you want to extend it. Lots of possible solutions from different vendors. Give me a call or send me an email and we can discuss it and see if one of them fits your needs.

I should say that tools can be built into the website itself for some sort of "real time" analysis (in session preflighting) or done offline with automated responses to CSR's/sales people or right back to the customer.

Last edited:
Joel,

Xitron offers a solution that will meet your requirements called PRINTERnet. This will work in conjunction with your existing Xenith Sierra workflow. Please contact me at 734-794-1315 or via email [email protected].

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back