Any ideas on how to create this?

mungo

I have no specifics of size etc as yet but have been requested to produce files for "boat windows". It is a screen printed laminate of sorts - the same as you get around the edge of most car windows. It is basically a very coarse screen and even though it looks simple I have been having trouble getting it to look the way it is supposed to. It is a bit hard to explain so I will try to attach a sample image of what we are after. The main problem is getting the dots to line up on the 45degree angle especially were it goes around the corner. I have tried strokes with a dot pattern brush made in illustrator but it either doesn't line up or becomes distorted on the corners. I can do it manually but thought there would be an easier way to achieve this look. What makes it harder is that the dot size and spacing are quite specific - 5mm in between centres (horiz and vert) 45 degrees dots go from sizes - 3.4mm, 2.5mm, 1.8mm, 1mm.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back