Collapse
Canon
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harlequin Rip Workflows

How comparable are the Xitron Navigator and Nustream Proofstream workflows for a Harlequin rip?

They are the same. What are you looking for? There is way better. What's your budget? Those are very entry level systems.

Comment

Jeremiah is correct, there are other options that use the Harlequin RIP including our Express Workflow. Workflow Solutions
      What devices do you have? What kind of automation are you looking for?

Regards

Alvaro
      Alvaro Rodríguez
      Owner at ARB Digital http://arb-digital.com

Comment

I don't think Jeremiah is correct at all. The two workflows Coremac mentioned are not "the same". They aren't even close. The reply doesn't contain much information at all.

Let me try.
        Nustream is fairly new but I have spent some time with it and think it has some nice points. I believe it to be a pretty good entry-level system with some internet features of interest. I would describe it as a collaborative internet approval workflow. Job submission, proofing, and communication are highlights. It has more in common with Xitron Printernet than Navigator (I am not associated with Nustream so this is one man's opinion)

Navigator Workflow has an installed base of around 1400 and has evolved over the years into a loaded workflow toolbox configurable from the low-end to the high-end depending on price and feature set. Branded versions also ship from quite a few CTP and Press manufacturers as their own workflow. I would describe it as a scalable prepress and pressroom workflow.

Alvaro, perhaps you haven't seen a demonstration of it recently but if I were to compare it to another workflow it certainly wouldn't be Nustream; it would be your Express.
        In my judgement Express and Navigator address many of the same functionality requirements with some differences on each side.
        I think the user interface is more simple and more modern in the Navigator Workflow but that is opinion.

With client applications for Windows and Macintosh, Navigator Workflow will fit into any prepress environment. There are also pressroom workflow functions that may be of interest. It is quite expandable but can start quite simply. If you have a Harlequin RIP - you should consider it.

Coremac - I invite you to see a demonstration over the internet.
        Whether our product is the better fit for you or not - I don't know yet. We can talk a bit about it if you like.
        I recommend a demonstration of whichever products you are considering so you can make your own judgement.

Eric Nelsen
        VP, Product Management
        Xitron
        Last edited by Eric Nelsen; 06-08-2011, 04:26 PM.

Comment

KBASmartsoft (Presswise)DuploXerox4OverCanon

Zero Setup Time

Collapse

Zero Setup Time:
        Myth Or Reality?

As the twenty-first century opened, Koenig & Bauer had already anticipated the need for the coexistence of conventional and digital printing, and had begun to develop the technology that is today empowering offset printers to meet those challenges.

Read the Article.

Smartsoft (Presswise)KBAXerox " "DuploCanon4OverNeopost

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6441 users online. 49 members and 6392 guests.

Most users ever online was 14,674 at 05:29 AM on 10-30-2019.

Working...
        X