Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quark Color Management

Hi Forum,

OK, i'm having a go at using color management and Quark 7.3 and Jaws pdf output.... bear with me.

So i've set my Color Setups > Source and Color Setups > Outputs to reflect my working practices...
    I've set my Quark prefs > Color Manager to reflect my working practices...
    I've also set my Output Styles to reflect my required output...PDF/x-1a:2001 (intent ISOcoated)

So, once the pdf/x-1a file is made, i review in Acrobat 8 Pro, the pdfx preflight / certification says that the output intent is 'Custom' ( Quark Generic CMYK ), which is incorrect as i've specified ISOcoated as the intent.

Anybody come across this before, am i missing something here ?

Appreciate any help offered,

Regards,

Nick.

Re: Quark Color Management

I would recommend getting Adobe to make the PDF, and just set up the Distiller PDF/X-1a joboptions with ISOcoatedv2 output intent, and save the joboptions as your custom name, and make a Watched folder in Distiller to make the PDF. Then set up a Quark 7 PDF export options and whenever you need to make a PDF, it can be done in a few clicks max.

Don

Comment

Hey Don,

Appreciate your reply, that method is always going to be my backup plan, but, i really want to know why i can't get this right for Quark / Color Management / Jaws output...

Regards,

Nick.

Comment

Forum,

answered my own question...re-installed Quark, re did settings, all ok now...

Cheers,

Nick.

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
        Standard FinishingDuploAleyantCanonGraph Expo4 PeesLabelexpoKBAKBA4OverSmartsoft (Presswise)

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5562 users online. 99 members and 5463 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
        X