Quark Color Management

nickyg

Hi Forum,

OK, i'm having a go at using color management and Quark 7.3 and Jaws pdf output.... bear with me.

So i've set my Color Setups > Source and Color Setups > Outputs to reflect my working practices...
I've set my Quark prefs > Color Manager to reflect my working practices...
I've also set my Output Styles to reflect my required output...PDF/x-1a:2001 (intent ISOcoated)

So, once the pdf/x-1a file is made, i review in Acrobat 8 Pro, the pdfx preflight / certification says that the output intent is 'Custom' ( Quark Generic CMYK ), which is incorrect as i've specified ISOcoated as the intent.

Anybody come across this before, am i missing something here ?

Appreciate any help offered,

Regards,

Nick.

Re: Quark Color Management

I would recommend getting Adobe to make the PDF, and just set up the Distiller PDF/X-1a joboptions with ISOcoatedv2 output intent, and save the joboptions as your custom name, and make a Watched folder in Distiller to make the PDF. Then set up a Quark 7 PDF export options and whenever you need to make a PDF, it can be done in a few clicks max.

Don

Hey Don,

Appreciate your reply, that method is always going to be my backup plan, but, i really want to know why i can't get this right for Quark / Color Management / Jaws output...

Regards,

Nick.

Forum,

answered my own question...re-installed Quark, re did settings, all ok now...

Cheers,

Nick.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back