Cloning an ECRM CT Server Box?

AdrianJ

hello,

Currently I have a CT server box that is going bad. Is there any way possible for me to clone the complete system unit that will work just as fine as the original.

Re: Cloning an ECRM CT Server Box?

Weird. Ours just went down last week. The drive became corrupted. We were still able to boot but ccould not run the ECRM CT Server software and we could not copy everything either. We were able to copy the "bin/config" folder and all of it's contents. The we reformtted the HD and then re-installed from the ECRM CT Server disk. Then we copied our config files back and everything was back except our queues which I had to remak.

If all of your data is good and you can access the whole system you can use a program like "Ghost" to make a complete image of your whole system and then restore it to the other machine. There are other utilities that will do this too. Try a google search.

Adrian,

Sure Norton Ghost and such are ok, but why the hassle. Just have to save/backup all your property sets on another drive/network for safe storage and that's it. When necessary you can reinstall the CTS in two minutes, restore your propsets and bingo.
Of course you still have to create all input folder structure again i.e. associate your sets with the hotfolders, hope you don't have something like 30, do you ?
One more thing, I always keep the exposure values written down somewhere handy for each res we use (they won't be restored as well).

Cheers

I hope that there was a note of sarcasm in your response.

If not, then you articulated well the very reasons to "hassle" with Norton Ghost.
Quote:
Of course you still have to create all input folder structure again i.e. associate your sets with the hotfolders, hope you don't have something like 30, do you ?
One more thing, I always keep the exposure values written down somewhere handy for each res we use (they won't be restored as well).

Not to mention you have to re-install Windows, update it, get it back on the network, reconfigure all the shares and permissions, etc.

Sounds like a good reason to clone the hard drive with Ghost...

Acronis makes software that clones drives. They are the only ones i know that support RAID.
ypu can go from any raid config to a single drive and back again while not having to have same drive sizes and same partition sizes.
Good luck!

Hi

I need urgent one copy of CTserver software for my MAKO 8 , can some Helpme?

Best Regard

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back