4-up die line for a #10 converted envelope

jinthebay

Hey folks, anyone out there have a 4up die line for a #10 converted envelope, maybe as an Illustrator file or PDF? This would print on a 19x25 sheet.

This particular converter is a little behind in the digital age and could only supply us with a hand drawn die line. I was hoping not to have to scan it in and reposition the 3 up die line we have.

If not, anyone know where I could download one?

Thanks,

J

Re: 4-up die line for a #10 converted envelope

All the converters that I've dealt with supply us with hand drawn layouts too, and there's no easy way around laying out the job, it's just as you say, scan it and create the layout manually. The layout is a little forgiving in that you don't have to have each envelope in the exact location as the hand drawn layout because they die cut one up and move the die for each envelope (I would check with your die cutter first before you take my word for it). We usually do the envelopes 8up so I don't have one for you, sorry.

Good Luck!

Thanks Whitaker.

We were actually supplied a 3up for an 18x24 sheet that we ran on 19x25. The converter provided it for us as a pdf. It's come in really handy in the past. I place it on a separate layer in Indesign, add another layer for my art and rotate the art until it fits. Anyone out there need it, let me know and I'll shoot it off to you. Sure beats trying to create a template in Preps! Tried that once and finally gave up!

Anyway, thanks for your response.

J

You will need to use their cutter as the envelope cutters are made of forged steel and cannot be changed. If you use someone elses cutter you will be looking at an expensive reprint. I used to run the prepress at a large envelope company and the amount of times people didn't use our cutter ( Digital, I drew them all up) was silly. Use theirs and give them a proof to check beforte you go to press. Also follow their laydown on the sheet as this is very importnat for cutting.

Ajr

Here is one for 8up on 25 x 38. i would just bust it in half and maybe invert(?) to keep the guide/gripper the same (if you are using operator guide). I only have this one and a 6up on 23 x 35.
good luck.

Thanks, everyone for the feedback. I think I'll take Andy Rays advice and play it safe. I was kinda under the impression that, as Whitaker stated that there was some flexibility to at least the positioning of the envelopes. But if Andy Rays' correct and there is no real exact standard die cut for the envelope itself, then better to do the work now than to have to do it over anyway AND reprint!

Thanks again folks.

J

Packmage Packaging carton box design software serve your need

Packmage Packaging carton box design software serve your need

Hey folks, anyone out there have a 4up die line for a #10 converted envelope, maybe as an Illustrator file or PDF? This would print on a 19x25 sheet.

This particular converter is a little behind in the digital age and could only supply us with a hand drawn die line. I was hoping not to have to scan it in and reposition the 3 up die line we have.

If not, anyone know where I could download one?

Thanks,

J

You can try Packmage free trial, it has hundreds of predefined samples for envelopes, cards, gift boxes etc.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back