Fuji XMF Inquiry?

Duncan Hyde

Hi everyone,

Were looking at upgrading our workflow, were currently using Trueflow 7.0 and the features seem limited and basic.

We have used a CREO Lotem- PSM with preps in the past then switched to a new SCREEN CTP system a year ago using Trueflow and the seller is now showing us Fuji Xmf workflow as an upgrade.

Are there any other workflows out there so i could do some comparisons before we choose to upgrade??

Thanks!

Duncan

You can feed your CtP with any workflow you choose that will output 1bit TIFF files. You may need to license a TIFF catching function to drive the Screen device but if you don't already have it, it should be inexpensive. Fujifilm makes great plates and CtP equipment but like Screen much of their software leaves much to be desired. I suggest you compare Fujifilm XMF to Agfa APOGEE workflow, Heidelberg Prinect and Kodak Prinergy.

We switched from Trueflow 5 or so to Rampage - sold to us by Fuji incidentally. We looked at prinergy esko etc, I'm so happy we have rampage. It's simple to use and the automation in v12 is great. Make sure you give Rampage a shot.

Its a big investment whatever you go for. Ask to trial it for 3 months, see what they say! Or go and have a demo not at their swanky showroom but at another printers!

A

Its a big investment whatever you go for. Ask to trial it for 3 months, see what they say! Or go and have a demo not at their swanky showroom but at another printers!

I completely agree with this statement.

Duncan,

As you evaluate workflow solutions, consider well the tools you'll use to drive it with. Most vendors will have bundled tools for the imposition/planning tasks, and as you might expect, some are better than others. I encourage you to also evaluate Metrix for the planning/imposition. Our customers are driving Rampage, Prinergy, Apogee, XMF, Trueflow, Prinect, etc etc - all with great ease, and typically much more cost effective solutions being sent into Prepress.

You can find PDF and .mov resources on our website, and feel free to call me if I can answer any questions.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back