Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop Keyboard keeps having issues

I have a Dell Laptop that from time to time (pretty often) has the keys on the keyboard stop working or the wrong letters come out or both. I have had this before on another laptop and I reinstalled the keyboard drivers which fixed the problem. Now that I have it again on this Dell Laptop I originally did the same fix and it worked for about a week then it reoccurred and now the reinstall of the drivers won't fix it. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I do not have any ot the original system disks as this was a hand me down computer.

Thanks!

Dale

Re: Laptop Keyboard keeps having issues

try plugin in a desktop keyboard ps2 or usb as needed. see what happens.

Comment

Re: Laptop Keyboard keeps having issues

I had the same problem a while back. I finally called DELL, and they sent me a new keyboard. I installed it and everything has been working great ever since.

When I removed my old keyboard, I could see that there was a lot of gunk (dust & some animal hair) stuck between the keyboard protective cover and the keys. I was informed by the DELL technician that instead of compressed air to clean my keyboard, use the brush tool attached to a vacuum.

Apparently the compressed air actually forces minute particles and foriegn objects deeper into the keyboard, as was apparent when I removed the old one.

Just a thought.

Comment

Unconfigured Static HTML Module

Collapse

Static HTML Module Content
      4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)CanonKBAUltimateTharstern
      4OverStandard FinishingDuploCanonKBAKBA4 PeesSmartsoft (Presswise)TharsternUltimate

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2974 users online. 49 members and 2925 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
      X