Laptop Keyboard keeps having issues

Dwok

I have a Dell Laptop that from time to time (pretty often) has the keys on the keyboard stop working or the wrong letters come out or both. I have had this before on another laptop and I reinstalled the keyboard drivers which fixed the problem. Now that I have it again on this Dell Laptop I originally did the same fix and it worked for about a week then it reoccurred and now the reinstall of the drivers won't fix it. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I do not have any ot the original system disks as this was a hand me down computer.

Thanks!

Dale

Re: Laptop Keyboard keeps having issues

try plugin in a desktop keyboard ps2 or usb as needed. see what happens.

Re: Laptop Keyboard keeps having issues

I had the same problem a while back. I finally called DELL, and they sent me a new keyboard. I installed it and everything has been working great ever since.

When I removed my old keyboard, I could see that there was a lot of gunk (dust & some animal hair) stuck between the keyboard protective cover and the keys. I was informed by the DELL technician that instead of compressed air to clean my keyboard, use the brush tool attached to a vacuum.

Apparently the compressed air actually forces minute particles and foriegn objects deeper into the keyboard, as was apparent when I removed the old one.

Just a thought.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back