Paper thickness?

OK, for stock thickness, my post about postscript points was not so helpful. Apologies.

The original poster needs to convert between Stock thickness points (0.01 inch) and .mm.

The conversion factor for mm/inch is 25.4.

25.4 mm/in = 25.4 (.1 mm)/(.1 inch)

or 2.54 mm = 100 pt (10 sheets of 10 pt stock)

.254 mm = 10 pt (1 sheet of 10 pt stock)

.3 mm = .3/.254 x 10 pt = 11.81 pt.

.3 mm does seem very restrictive. Is that really the spec?

I just checked the manual for the Heidelberg QM 46 and that is indeed the spec.

Al

Paper Thickness

Paper Thickness

Hello fellow Lithographers and Al Ferrari, not forgetting R. Apollo

Just go to -- Sappi.com, Knowledge Bank and use the UNIT CONVERSION

Regards, Alois

Last edited:
Alois,

Your post is not very helpful. Why not just give the url for the UNIT CONVERSION page?

I have visited the Sappi site, and have used their search for "Knowledge Base" and for "UNIT CONVERSION" with disappointing results. If your intent was to provide a simple general solution, you have widely missed the mark.

Can you please post the url for that UNIT CONVERSION calculator?

Al

Mortified !

Mortified !

Hello Al - being a relic from the Stone Age!

Visit Sappi.com then choose Europe, Knowledge Bank, Useful Tools where you will find the Unit Conversion Calculator

Regards, Alois

Last edited:
Hello Al - being a relic from the Stone Age!

Visit Sappi.com then choose Europe, Knowledge Bank, Useful Tools where you will find the Unit Conversion Calculator

Regards, Alois
Alois,

When I first visited the Sappi site earlier today, in absence of directions from you to the contrary, I chose North America, and I think I also checked "remember my choice". In any case, now Safari persistently takes me to the North America page no matter what I do.

Why can you not honor my simple request, and post the url to the Unit Conversion Calculator??? I am making the request for the benefit of all, not just for myself.

Al

Alois,

When I first visited the Sappi site earlier today, in absence of directions from you to the contrary, I chose North America, and I think I also checked "remember my choice". In any case, now Safari persistently takes me to the North America page no matter what I do.

Why can you not honor my simple request, and post the url to the Unit Conversion Calculator??? I am making the request for the benefit of all, not just for myself.

Al

You might try the Cookie Monster and delete any browser cookies related to Sappi.

I'm in Canaduh and if I choose Europe the page doesn't seem to want to load. Maybe it detects my ISP and gets confused?

gordo

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back