Free RIPing on Prinergy 4.0 server via FTP

dj

Courtesy of my client www.printcraft-solutions.com. The hot folder will take PDF Postscript and rasterized to a 600 dpi image with a PDF wrapper. This is the new PDF rip from Adobe, able to handle transparencies.

ftp://printcraft.dnsdojo.com

username customer password bark21

More instructions on accessing the ftp server can be found at www.prepresspilgrim.com.

Ftp server will stay up until we exceed bandwidth restrictions on our ISP (we are a small shop)

cheers, DJ

Re: Free RIPing on Prinergy 4.0 server via FTP

Your customer may want to check the EULA for this type of service. Yes, it's free, but you'll want to check out the EULA

maybe I missed something...

I can upload a "pdf postscript" and get back a rasterized file...in a pdf wrapper.

wtf am I to do with that? and why?

This RIP is supposed to be able to process PDFs with transparent objects seamlessly. Sooo, if you have files that you can't RIP properly in your workflow, check it out in ours.

If everything is fine at your shop, and is always fine, and always will be fine, then ummmmmmm, this is probably of no interest to you.

What EULA? You mean with Kodak? Or with Shaw, our cable provider?

cheers, DJ

End User License Agreement.

And I think your fine. I used to give my customers access to and FTP folder that was also a hotfolder for my RIPsystem. Worked really well for those clients too. Wish I could get more to do it. Esspecially the ones that never give us enough time.
--------------------
Lammy

EPP Manager • Brass City Printery
OSX 10.4.10 • RAMpage 9.4 • Dynastrip 4.2
EFI Colorproof XF • Avantra 30 • Epson 7600

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back