Scatter proof solutions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scatter proof solutions

I'm looking for a way to automate the creation of scatter proofs of image files. The images would need to be placed on a page at 100%, automatically laid out so that as many fit on the page as possible, adding new pages as needed, and then each page could be exported to a TIFF, PDF, etc for output on various devices.

For anyone familiar with it, there is a Contact Sheet script included with Adobe Bridge that does something similar and works with InDesign. The only drawback is that the images are placed in a predefined grid. Therefore images are generally scalled down to fit the grid parameters.

Does anyone know if there are any stand-alone apps, InDesign/Quark scripts or plug-ins that can accomplish this type of thing?

Re: Scatter proof solutions

Chris,
    I used to use a Quark plug-in named Auto Lay-Up that would accomplish what you want. It's been awhile since I used it, try this: http://homepage.mac.com/haroldshield...alu/index.html
    Regards,
    Todd

Comment

You could take a look at Qimage. A lot of photographers use it for laying out multiple files to send to an inkjet. Normally you would just output to the driver but you can output a file as well. Not as slick as a plugin designed to do what you want but it works pretty well and it is inexpensive.

Comment

If you already have Preps 5 Pro you can use Preps Ganging which came out, I believe, in Preps 5.3. It's a free upgrade from any version of Preps 5 though.
        Joe
        OS: Mac OS X 10.10.2 - RIP: Prinergy Connect 6.1 - CTP: Luscher XPose! 160 (2)

Comment

If you need a stand alone application, driven by hot folders, try our Impostrip Ganging solution. You can download a full 5 days version at www.imposition.com.

Thanks,
          Ray Duval
          Ultimate Technographics

Comment

UltimateDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)Standard FinishingKBA4Over
          UltimateDuploStandard FinishingKBAKBA GTIChili publish4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3126 users online. 61 members and 3065 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,151 at 11:36 AM on 11-17-2017.

Working...
          X