Inexpensive quoting software

Sheppy

Hello All, I am looking for recommendations for an inexpensive Offset Print quoting system. I have a small 4/5 color shop with one 5 color komori. Looking for something basic and easy to use. Budget of around $1000-$1500. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Quoting tool? Try Excel!

Quoting tool? Try Excel!

We use an Excel spreadsheet in our inplant digital shop. Setting up the formulas was the hardest part of establishing this tool, but once you have that in place, it's really the easiest, cheapest, most available solution out there. And, if you don't want to spend one thin dime on it, you can always go to OpenOffice.org and download their freeware suite, which includes a spreadsheet application that behaves entirely like Excel.

I can e-mail you the tool I use (minus any proprietary information) if that would help.

Cheers,
-d-

Excel

Excel

Hi David
Any chance of a copy? Minus your prices of course!!
This is exactly what I'm looking for!

Thanks
Dave

Hi,

Anybody have idea or experience the Precal Prodist MIS software, the software works like excel.
I agree David i think spreadsheets is more easy and most accurate estimating tools,
Coz t tried an Australian based MIS unfortunately hasn't been used, lots of mistakes
In calculations or maybe the trainer is not that well verse, in short gives a lot of headache.
Can I possibly ask the spreadsheets your using.

Inexpensive Quotation Software

Inexpensive Quotation Software

I am using a software called Millenium Order Entry. Purchased it on eBay for app 300US$. Works very well for me. Go to "Printing" in eBay, US and search "estimating".
Another option is a Spanish software, Logic-Print. This is their site, LOGIC PRINT: Print Estimating and Management Software for Printers.. The prices they quote are discounted by 70 - 80% if someone wants to buy. Software looks quite good and professional and for couple of hundreds is a bargain.

I looked into Morning Flight and found that it was not as easy to use as I had hoped for. It seemed a bit confusing with unfamilier icons, and the way it worked through things didnt make sence.... Maybe it's just me.

I looked into Morning Flight and found that it was not as easy to use as I had hoped for. It seemed a bit confusing with unfamiliar icons, and the way it worked through things didn't make sense.... Maybe it's just me.

Thanks for the Morning Flight check ride, acacia print. Sorry you found it a little bumpy. With the new "MyWay" mode now available in the Gold and Pixelblitz editions, maybe you wouldn't mind having another look? What MyWay does is allow you to switch from Morning Flight's auto pilot pricing model to full manual control.

I have to agree with you about the icons, it can take some time to become familiar with them. Morning Flight is used by more than 6,000 shops in 100+ countries. In many of those shops, English is not the native tongue, so we have to rely on icons to support the traditional menu.

For users who do speak English, we have a wealth of learning materials available on the Support page of our website, from screencasts to user manuals that can be freely downloaded at no charge.

Let me know if I can help.

Hal Heindel

MyWay Pricing in Morning Flight
Quoting it My Way
Printing Estimating Software for the Global Market

Attachments

• MFlightMyWay_1.jpg
    MFlightMyWay_1.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 182
  • MFlightMyWay_2.jpg
    MFlightMyWay_2.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Logic Print

Logic Print

Thanks for that. I look forward to more reports. I might trial the free 30 day trial based on the feedback.

We bought Logic Print recently and is in production and ok. I find it easy to use, and oriented to the current market. With about 4 hours we had it configured for our costs and working. A powerful and fast tool.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back