Need Help Setting up Rip-50c and Lino 330

Col.Panic

Does anyone remember how to config a rip to talk to a 330?
I had to format reloaded the software and now have it starting up. It counts 3 , 2, then stays on one.
The image setter is "seeing" the rip as it will complain of a shut down but I do not know the ip or how to use the config utility from a pc or a mac.

Anyone remember these think enough to help me get started?

Thanks

Edited by: Paul Cashman on Feb 26, 2008 7:29 AM

Re: Need Help Setting up Rip-50c and Lino 330

The Rip Needs to get to dot dot 0, on the display. Make sure your Lino is connected, also Ethernet. What position is the little dial on, it should be on 6 as this is EThernet. Also can you share your format and copy procedures, do you have the instructions for these?

It has been a while, but I'm pretty sure the RIP communicates via appletalk, not IP, and I would say you would have a lot more luck if you attempt to connect with a mac using OS 9 or earlier. Good luck!

I had to add pc mac lan to my pc's to get them to print to the rip 50c. as I remember you could configure the rip 50 to have an ip address and print to the ip but I could never get that to work. It has been so long since I used the mac configuration utility I dont remember it having any thing to do with the ip. i believe you had to send a postscript file to set the ip address.

also I thought the rip 50c would pick up what ever it was connected to. as long as this is a 330 and not a 300 qd. I thought there was only the one recorder connection Li5 ?/? do you have the manual I think if it was an err you would get an err 9 or something.
on the old 300 qd machines you had to configure the connection. heidelberg might have a few techs around that could remember the old machines

Setting up Rip-50c and Lino 330

Setting up Rip-50c and Lino 330

i bought a linotronic 630, the seller gave me just a cable (L12/L15), a RIP 50 and nothing else.... i want to set it for myself but its quite hard because i did not get the software disks (not for the rip or the lino)... ive been reading in the net but its difficult to get info, can anybody help me? id apreciate so much, excuse my bad english, have a good time, greetings from mexico city.

Linotronic 630 disks - rip 50

Linotronic 630 disks - rip 50

Hi,
this is the link that I bought for 50US$ from a german guy, enjoy!
G.A.T. GmbH -- Downloads

The lino 630 disk configuration though is only for mac, I am still waiting for a configuration disk for PC, does anybody has it?
I really need that disk because the Xitron Rip asks for it during installation! please help if you can.

espero que te sirvan, y en caso de que sepas algo sobre el disco de instalacion para PC de la linotronic 630 me lo haces saber, si?
Saludos

Hi,
this is the link that I bought for 50US$ from a german guy, enjoy!
G.A.T. GmbH -- Downloads

The lino 630 disk configuration though is only for mac, I am still waiting for a configuration disk for PC, does anybody has it?
I really need that disk because the Xitron Rip asks for it during installation! please help if you can.

espero que te sirvan, y en caso de que sepas algo sobre el disco de instalacion para PC de la linotronic 630 me lo haces saber, si?
Saludos

Hi,
might you have any Rip 40 disk configuration downloads for PC and mac ?

The Rip Needs to get to dot dot 0, on the display. Make sure your Lino is connected, also Ethernet. What position is the little dial on, it should be on 6 as this is EThernet. Also can you share your format and copy procedures, do you have the instructions for these?

Hi, must I connect the ethernet cable to the Rip 40 for it to get to ..0 status. I've not connected it I guess that is why it hangs on LIr status.

I had to add pc mac lan to my pc's to get them to print to the rip 50c. as I remember you could configure the rip 50 to have an ip address and print to the ip but I could never get that to work. It has been so long since I used the mac configuration utility I dont remember it having any thing to do with the ip. i believe you had to send a postscript file to set the ip address.

also I thought the rip 50c would pick up what ever it was connected to. as long as this is a 330 and not a 300 qd. I thought there was only the one recorder connection Li5 ?/? do you have the manual I think if it was an err you would get an err 9 or something.
on the old 300 qd machines you had to configure the connection. heidelberg might have a few techs around that could remember the old machines

Hallo.
Doe's it mean the RIP 40 is Mac based ? I only have to connect it to a PC through PC MacLan ?

the rip 50 is not mac based but it may have had the motorola 68030 processor ? this is where the similarities end. the only thing mac about it, is the apple talk interface. which by the way resets the system often if the network has too much traffic. new computers coming on and off the net.

but yes all you would need is an apple talk protocol on your computer and it should be available as a printer. you will need ppd's and I would recomend the adobe postscript printer driver which is now part of windows xp. but get ready for postscript errors. you should consider a better rip for long term usability. good luck

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back