Dynastrip Creep setting

Lammy

When defining creep , if I choose paper thickness where does it get that number from? The JDF settings? There were some equations in the manual that I quite didn't understand if there were for how to figure the maximum or were showing you how to figure paper thickness? Then again it was late and I hadn't been drinking so that could have added to my confusion. ;)

_______
Lammy

EPP Manager • Brass City Printery
OSX 10.4.10 • RAMpage 9.4 • Dynastrip 4.2
EFI Colorproof XF • Avantra 30 • Epson 7600

Edited by: Lammy on Sep 7, 2007 1:42 PM

Re: Dynastrip Creep setting

Our job planners find out from the paper company the caliper of the paper. It's usually some number like .0039". That is what we put in for paper thickness. Dynastrip does the math and push-ins based on that.

Jennifer where do you put the number in? in the JDF info or in the number box next to the paper thickness radio button?

EPP Manager • Brass City Printery
OSX 10.4.10 • RAMpage 9.4 • Dynastrip 4.2
EFI Colorproof XF • Avantra 30 • Epson 7600

We aren't using too many JDF impo's yet. In Dynastrip, we go to Job Definition/Definition/Pagination Seq. Def./ click Paper Thickness and enter the caliper and push-in button. I hope this helps.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back