Xitron Forum?

geozinger

I'm not even sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes...

I know this was a questionable item at the old Prepress Forums, but occasionally I found worthy information in there...

How about it? Another Xitron forum for the seven of us using the software?

Re: Xitron Forum?

Amen brother! I just got the latest upgrade with a new screaming monster of a server box. I love it except the screening for my Epson takes forever! They have gone to 2 bit screening, not sure if that is the problem. I have a Web-X session scheduled for monday, maybe it's just a bad setting. I know the system very well and have gone through the workflow and job tickets to no avail. I'll keep you guys posted.

Re: adding a Xitron Forum?

Re: adding a Xitron Forum?

There could be endless new forums. Traffic on within existing categories will be observed by WTT.
I'm sure the admins will add new specific categories if they are warranted.

For now why not simply keep the thread "Xitron Forum" alive and reply to the Xitron Forum thread.

Or preface each Xitron subject with [XITRON} then WTT will be able to see the degree of interest. and tag your post XITRON

Hi George, good to see you...

I made the decision not include a Xitron forum for now because of the lack of traffic/activity previously. (13 threads in a year). As Dave said there really could be a endless list of forums, so trying to keep it to a manageable amount can be tough.

For now, I would use the idea Dave suggested to tag Xitron posts accordingly, if there is enough activity I have no problem adding one.
thanks

Perhaps the lack of Xitron posting is that it quietly sits there and works and there are very limited issues...

The 6.1.2 upgrade to Xenith has a VERY important feature in my eyes:
The ability to generate a RIP Proof then Hold, so it can be included in your Master Ticket(s) (versus adding it in by modifying), but you do not always output/download it. With the Horsepower of today's boxes, generating this RIP Proof takes no time versus having to erroneously add it into a ticket as an afterthought...

Check it out. Remember, if you have a Contract, you are entitled to the upgrade. Issue a zero dollar PO to your dealer.

Peter
[STOCHAST|http://www.stochast.com]

Peter Furnee's horrible spelling errors corrected on Sep 14, 2007 9:46 PM

Hi Cory (et al),

Glad to see you too. Hope this endeavor is going well for you.

While I might agree with Dave that one could have infinite forums on infinite subjects, I think there is enough of a user base of the Xitron products (Navigator, Xenith, etc.) that even though there are not a lot of queries generated, just including Xitron in the subject line and posting it to the general discussion board could make it hard to find those threads.

I just thought it would be a convenience for the Xitron users.

One thing I found somewhat frustrating on the old PPF's was the recent postings on the right side of the home page, when obvious RIP issues appeared there was no reference to WHAT brand it was.

I guess it doesn't matter here as well, as the homepage (recent discussions) doesn't tell what forum exactly the question posted is in either.

No harm, no foul.

Thanks, Peter!

I'm glad you posted that. I didn't make it over to GraphExpo and have been meaning to check the Xitron site for updates to Xenith.

Hey, we keep this up and we WILL need a separate forum ;)

Posted in the wrong spot. Moved my question to it's own thread....

Edited by: eeosdad on Jan 7, 2008 10:37 PM

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back