Convert to Grayscale with Swich, what's the best way.

SuperMario

Hi,

I have a customer, which finds it very difficult to give me grayscale pdf files. There is always something RGB or CMYK or SPOT (pantone black) in it.
I want to create a flow with Enfocus Switch for him where he can drop his files, and return in grayscale to him. (so he can check them and than give me the final PDF)

What is the best way to convert the pdf to grayscale in a switch flow?

- use the Action list option "Convert color to gray en keep black text"
- use acrobat professional to do this

or is there a better option???

(I have the total Adobe CS5 package, Pitstop Server 11)

With the configuration you have do it in PitStop Server, in the configurator you can either add a specific action or you could use a preflight profile and actions within that, either option is ok, you just need to make sure the action you choose suits your requirements. You could post this question also on crossroads, or on various Linkedin groups such as the Enfocus one for more feedback from users

Simpler method that I used A LOT. Don't use Switch; just create an Acrobat Preflight, export it to a droplet. Then PDFs can simply be dropped on the droplet before they get sent to you, or you can use the droplet when you receive PDFs from the client.

With Switch you'll need to use PitStop Server, Callas PDF Toolbox, or a script for Acrobat.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back