pagemaker font missing problem

K

kala

Pls find attached the pagemaker file / font along with font missed pdf with original requirement ...

can anyone try it out and help me pls...

regards

Attachments

• pagemaker file.zip
    332.4 KB · Views: 839
Have your client create the pdf. If it doesn't work on their system........

Regards your other post about not maintaining a windows 98 box, check out creating a virtual machine, just may do the trick for you, meantime maybe your customer will get some newer software

Indesign CS6 exported just fine.
see attached PDF and pitstop screen shot confirming embedded font.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.pdf
    9.3 KB · Views: 298
  • Screen shot 2013-07-09 at 1.44.28 PM.png
    Screen shot 2013-07-09 at 1.44.28 PM.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 443
Hi Alith

Pls check with my original required jpg image file and ur pdf still font missing...

Someone told some printer and ppd will sort out the issue ( i tried with scitex / linotronic / adobe /generic no improvement font missing only)

Last edited:
I installed Pagemaker 7 on Windows 7 x64 to try this. When I printed to a pdf (I use pdf creator) the font had jumped. So I tried printing to the Microsoft XPS document writer which seemed to come out ok. Then, from the Windows 7 xps viewer I printed to pdf and it came out ok, the font hadn't jumped. Hope this might be useful for you.

Hi Kala, I thought about this again to try to something other than a workaround. I converted the truetype font to postscript type 1 and installed that. Deleted the truetype and installed the ps font and it seems to work ok now when creating pdfs directly from Pagemaker. I've attached the ps font.
You would need to check very thoroughly that there are no glitches caused by the font conversion.

Attachments

• 057.zip
    40.1 KB · Views: 353
Yes.. its working directly but let me know which process u r using to convert the fonts and what is the setup or preference to follow?

PageMaker was replaced many years ago, but here in the UK we still receive Adobe PageMaker files in versions 7, 6.5, 6.0, 5.0, and Aldus PageMaker 4.2, 4.0 and 3.0; from local authorities, amateur dramatic societies, small businesses and assorted individuals. Yes this is nuts, but we need the money from these print jobs. Yes we also receive Adobe CS6 files and everything inbetween. The other day I received 16 floppy disc images via email which turned out to have Aldus Freehand version 1 files on them; fortunately I have a mac with version 2.02 on it and was able to convert and save as EPS and then use something a little more up-to-date.
The aren't too many people is true, but there is enough to make it commercially viable saving old hardware & software.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back