Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifying text or art box dimensions

I running Quark 7.5 on Leopard and I am having an issue trying to adjust my art and text boxes. Using the measurements palette I get a message that the box cannot be positioned off of the pasteboard about 85% of the time. None of the boxes would be positioned off of the pasteboard. Has anyone else come across this?

Re: Modifying text or art box dimensions

I would get the message when I did a select all and it turned out that when I did this, I was inadvertently selecting something that was on the extreme left or top of the pasteboard and when I entered a measurement in the pallette, I'd get the error message saying that it would be positioned off the pasteboard. But I've also come across the message when I did a manual select of just the elements within my page dimension (ex. 8.5x11). It's frustrating to me as well. If anyone has a solution/reason for the problem, I'd like to know it as well.
    By the time I walk out of here, I'm going to be a lean, mean, prepress machine...

Comment

Re: Modifying text or art box dimensions

Do either of you have any custom XTs installed? Can you reproduce the problem with only native Quark-created XTs active? With no XTs active? If you can't, then you might have an XTension conflict; start adding them back one or two at a time until you can recreate the problem, and then you know that the problem lies with the last XTs you reintroduced.

peace,
      Linda

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
      Standard FinishingDuploAleyantCanonGraph Expo4 PeesLabelexpoKBAKBA4OverSmartsoft (Presswise)

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5432 users online. 115 members and 5317 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
      X