Modifying text or art box dimensions

Kelley0328

I running Quark 7.5 on Leopard and I am having an issue trying to adjust my art and text boxes. Using the measurements palette I get a message that the box cannot be positioned off of the pasteboard about 85% of the time. None of the boxes would be positioned off of the pasteboard. Has anyone else come across this?

Re: Modifying text or art box dimensions

I would get the message when I did a select all and it turned out that when I did this, I was inadvertently selecting something that was on the extreme left or top of the pasteboard and when I entered a measurement in the pallette, I'd get the error message saying that it would be positioned off the pasteboard. But I've also come across the message when I did a manual select of just the elements within my page dimension (ex. 8.5x11). It's frustrating to me as well. If anyone has a solution/reason for the problem, I'd like to know it as well.

Re: Modifying text or art box dimensions

Do either of you have any custom XTs installed? Can you reproduce the problem with only native Quark-created XTs active? With no XTs active? If you can't, then you might have an XTension conflict; start adding them back one or two at a time until you can recreate the problem, and then you know that the problem lies with the last XTs you reintroduced.

peace,
Linda

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back