Opening Quark files w/Fusion open

BMWZ3MLady

Anyone having trouble opening Quark 7 files (taking foreverrrrrrrrr) w/Suitcase Fusion? Turn Suitcase Fusion off & it opens quickly, but then you have to open Fusion & activate some of the fonts by hand????
Thanks

Re: Opening Quark files w/Fusion open

Are you by any chance using the auto-activation Xtension? I would speculate to guess that this would cause the slowdown especially if you have a large font library.

I think Fusion is server based. I also love FE but for those with fonts on a server it's not gonna work.

Another vote against auto-activation here. Also, quark will occasionally fail to recognize fonts that load fine in ID, AI, etc. If all else fails, I put them in my library/fonts folder and relaunch quark.
Another reason why ID rules.

Does it help if in Quark's Suitcase Fusion Auto-Activation Preferences you click off "Activate fonts in embedded objects"?

Worked wonders here, both in Quark & InD.

Cheers,
bobd

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back