Overprint Preview

Journal

Since going to Acrobat 8, and InDesign CS3, my PDFs are viewing "washed out" when Overprint Preview is selected. Documents are postscripted out of InDesign CS3, and Distilled using a printer's settings I've always used. If I go back and Postscript a file from InDesign CS2 and view it in Acrobat 8, it still looks washed out. This wasn't happening with Acrobat 7 and ID CS2.
Our printer says it will print ok, but I want to know why this is happening.

Re: Overprint Preview

I had a similar issue and it was related to the fact that Acrobat 8 wasn't using the profile it was supposed to by not being able to read the "output condition identifier" embedded in the PDF. That situation wasn't happening in Acrobat 7. I got it fixed by embedding the appropriate profile in my distiller options.

Sounds like your color settings are different in Acrobat 8 than they were in Acrobat 7.

rich

Hazel,

when you open Output Preview, what is the simulation profile Acrobat is using? If it is "wrong" and you change it to the output intention of the PDF you created, does it look correct?

Peter

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back