Crazy Job of the Day

oxburger

O.K. so I get a job in today that is supposed to be a 12 page book, 11x8.5, black and Pantone Green. The job was done in InDesign, but:

1. All images were RGB with a simulated green cast to them so I have to convert them to duotones and get as close as possible to the green they have in their RGB images.
2. They did a 2 page spread in Illustrator which they then copy and pasted into InDesign, so not only did they not send the Illustrator file, but when they copied and pasted into InDesign, all link names were gone and the 2 page spread rendered as CMYK. To fix this, I had to get them to send the original Illustrator file and links, fix the photoshop duotones, re-link in Illustrator, save as an eps and place in InDesign.
3. To top it off, they have the InDesign file built in readers spreads on 22 inch wide facing pages, so when you look at a spread, it's actually 4 pages across, so I have to get that file down to 12 - 11x8.5 inch facing pages instead of 6 22x8.5 inch 4 page spreads.

SHEESH. Some people are too dangerous for their own good. Thanks for the opportunity to vent. It's very cathartic. Anyone else have any recent "doosies"?

Re: Crazy Job of the Day

ask the designer for the original files because you cannot RIP his PDF file since he secured it to PRINT only
the designer refuses to do so and says you cannot change these files they're mine
(i'm taking my ball and going home)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back