Esko upgrade

Macmann

We are scheduled to upgrade our Esko software soon (we are still using 7.6). Whats the learning curve like moving to version 12? What are the benefits?

The biggest change and benefit is learning to work with more of a workflow rather than task and chained task. The workflow editor gives you much more capability to create intelligent workflows. I would call it conditional based routing (if this then do that). I work for a large packaging house. We have Automation Engine 12 w/JDF integration. We use one workflow for all accounts / jobs. The flexibility of the workflow allows for this. All our operators do is some manual trapping and general fixes in the file then the workflow does the rest.

To answer your question better, what kind of work do you do? Depending on the work you do and the modules that you have, I can give you some more insight.

Thanks Jeff. I work for a large specialty printer in West Bend, WI, that prints primarily on plastic. Due to the custom nature of much of our work it does not lend itself to automated workflows. That being said, we have automated many of our processes and procedures. I look forward to diving into the upgrade to see what it can do for us.

-Macman

We are in Milwaukee and running AE12. There is a learning curve for sure but your life will become much easier! I can try to help answer any questions you have and you could always come down and take a look at our system if you're interested.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back