Artpro Warping

andervega

Registered Users
Trying to find how to warp a arched image in artpro. Been searching online and not having luck finding any helpful sites.
I have a rectangle file that needs to be arch into the attached arch.

Attachments

• 111644_Die 09-02-29.pdf
    161.4 KB · Views: 188
Artpro has a warp/shrinkfilm plugin to do just what you want (not cheap, but what is from Esko). Short of that plugin you would need to warp manually.

You could use the Envelope Distort in Illustrator.

I think that is what WI-Flexo may have been referring to?

Unless things have changed, don’t forget to embed the image as distortions were not possible on linked images (you may wish to work on a duped layer or document if you wish to keep the link on a copy).

I would be curious to compare the results of the plug-in to Illustrator.

Stephen Marsh

The Esko plugin for Artpro's quite convoluted too, a guy I worked with had training on it and he still struggled to remember how to do it, it usually involved outputting one, cutting it out, sticking it on the pot and then starting again.. (that, and of course the plugin not being cheap). Unless it's something that you're planning on doing on a very regular basis, I'd stick to Illustrator/envelope distort as mentioned, we've had comparable results doing it the 'old' way :)

Trying to find how to warp a arched image in artpro. Been searching online and not having luck finding any helpful sites.
I have a rectangle file that needs to be arch into the attached arch.

If it is an Illustrator file shouldn't Effect > Warp > Arc.. work? Just need to know the degree of Arc. Do it all the time. After it looks good in the Arc I expand all elements and save out a second file.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back