Quark 7 on Leopard - files won't open

richielj

I upgraded to Leopard last week and now I'm unable to open existing quark files on a remote windows server. We have 10 machines, a mixture of intel and ppc. I installed Leopard on four computers and none of these users are in the same fix as I am...

No matter what method I use to open files, the progress bar moves about 60% of the way then hangs. Looking at the Force Quit Applications window, quark eventually turns red and is listed as not responding.

Quark support (in America) suggested creating a new user and trying to open the same file from the new user. They also suggested that I didn't have permissions to open the file on the remote server --even though I have been opening the files for months now. I've rebooted and repaired my permissions all to no avail. I think I faced with rebuilding this computer from the ground up, something I'd really rather no do.

Has anyone experienced this? Anyone have any sugggestions?

Re: Quark 7 on Leopard - files won't open

So....what happened when you created a new user? I've seen that be the culprit more than once.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back