How To Merge Two Separations on the Same Plate

foxtrot39

Dear All,

I have a Palladio II running with Apogee X 7.1.
I would like to image the cyan & magenta of the same job on the same plate.
This is to save plates since I turn the plates on the press !

I cannot mange to print the separations since the rip will always interpret both separations with the same angle.

Any ideas how can I can merge two different angles and output them on the same plate ?

Many thanks for the suggestions.

i do it all time , output seperation individually then create layout nd merge the separation on it , i use esko workflow

as long as you have tiff-out as an option, no problem at all. just recombine those for a new plate. otherwise, haven't you got some form of screening selector option in agfa too? where you can assign certain angles and screening to parts of an image/pdf? preseperate your pdfs, assign diff angles, done. still tiff-out is the better solution.

If you are using Agfa Print Drive yo can merge two separations onto one plate by copying and pasting the cyan into the magenta or vice versa. Ive done this before to output two line screens on one plate.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back