Kodak Prinergy vs. Heidelberg Prinect

Binks

Hi everyone,

We are currently looking at upgrading our Brisque v5 RIPs. They've been brilliant but their age is beginning to show with regard to speed of ripping and their inability to cleanly handle transparency.

My question is:

Kodak Prinergy vs. Heidelberg Prinect

Which system is generally regarded as the better and for what reasons?

I have no experience of either but naturally the respective sales reps say their system is the best so i'm after some (less) impartial advice.

Many thanks in advance,
Binks

Re: Kodak Prinergy vs. Heidelberg Prinect

I have compared the two recently when we were in the market for a CTP system, and we went with Prinect. Much more user friendly, and SIGNA is in my opinion the best imposition software there is.

Most imposition programs are good at page layout (2-up, 4-up, 8-up etc), but do not offer a simple way to combine different jobs in different sizes on one plate. SIGNA's montage mode does this very wel, and very easy!

Edited by: Fatboysmart on Sep 12, 2007 12:11 PM

Re: Kodak Prinergy vs. Heidelberg Prinect

> {quote:title=chris_r wrote:}{quote}
> noticed this thread in the kodak section as well:
>
> http://printplanet.com/discuss/thread.jspa?threadID=365&tstart=0
>
> cr

Thank you chris_r for pointing that out. I really didn't know the best place to post so I posted twice.

If we end this thread here and follow your link to the other thread that would be great.

Thank you to all who answered in this thread :D

Kind regards
Binks

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back