Imposition Software

Award Bundall

Need some advice about imposition software. We are a medium size commercial offset outfit and currently just use InDesign to do all our impositions but is becoming quite time consuming. Basically most our jobs are simple layouts like 2 up A4's, 6 up DL's etc on a 323x453mm sheet.
I have seen Imposition Wizard from Press no stress and it looks ok and is only a user fee of $15 per month for the license. Has anybody used this or can suggest something similar we could purchase that is very cost effective as don't want to spend big bucks on it. Want something really simple to use.

You could try Quite Imposing Plus, a plugin for Acrobat. It's pretty easy to use. Does step and repeat, n-up, and booklets (saddle-stitch or perfect bound). They offer a free demo to try the software.

Quite Imposing: home page

pd

Time consuming? Make templates, then all you have to do is relink PDF's in InDesign and print. The cheap layout programs are confusing to use, take just as much time to set up as doing it in InDesign, and have unexpected results most of the time, I've found.
I guess it's like anything else, you get what you pay for.

another vote for quite imposing plus, it works good, not great, try it and see if you like it, its a free demo. Pity the imposition wizard full version is $500 and its OSX only, funny how they have a konica digital press on there site, all those machines come with rips that do impo anyway.

Last edited:
For most of my stuff I use the imposition tools in FusionPro, my variable data software. Sometimes I use CutePDF. It'll do n-up, step and repeat and booklets. It's cheap at $50.00 but it's PC only. The only complaint I have with it is that while it saves your templates, they are in no particular order. Makes it hard to find a specific template. The nice thing about it is the n-up. My much more expensive FusionPro cannot do it. And it does good at resizing PDFs which Acrobat, a much more expensive program, has a hard time doing.

Give me your email, and I will send you a link to download a imposition software!

Need some advice about imposition software. We are a medium size commercial offset outfit and currently just use InDesign to do all our impositions but is becoming quite time consuming. Basically most our jobs are simple layouts like 2 up A4's, 6 up DL's etc on a 323x453mm sheet.
I have seen Imposition Wizard from Press no stress and it looks ok and is only a user fee of $15 per month for the license. Has anybody used this or can suggest something similar we could purchase that is very cost effective as don't want to spend big bucks on it. Want something really simple to use.

There is a free InDesign script that will impose for saddle-stitching - MakeBooklet.jsxbin. Just one click creates a new imposed file. Original file needs to be in picas for measurement for it to work properly.

Another vote for Quite Imposing Plus. It takes just seconds to impose with sequences and seems to get it right every time. Responsive support out of England I believe.

I personally favour PDF imposition than native layout software options.

There are many solutions out there, I like the following one for basic requirements, as it is affordable, stand alone and does not require Acrobat Pro:

Devalipi Imposition Studio

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:

You can download HP smartstream. It comes in a free version of impostion software that you use inside of indesign.
GREAT software.

Try FlyingPages PDF Imposition software. Professional, affordable, what-you-see-is-what-you-get, and including a list of extra very helpful PDF tools like splitting pages, combine files, rearrange pages, change page size, remove white margins, etc. Download a 30 days free version from here. You can also take a look at these YouTube videos.

CAREFUL!

Google Chrome warns me about the download from your Chinese website. Not only that, two different websites show the .zip file is infected with a trojan:

http://i.imgur.com/9J6l4Re.png
http://i.imgur.com/6NRRLuL.png

gee yefei, why is your awesome imposition website no longer online anymore? And why is someone trying to access my accounts from a Chinese IP? Btw, my password is: Ch1n4SuCk5

Last edited:
I have been using Imposition Studio until 2 months ago. The software was powerful for a variety of book projects (cut and stack, sewn sections, perfect bound, etc). The price was reasonable but I see their site Bizland is now down (3/10/2015). I am hoping that is a temporary situation.

We recently had our imposition workstation crash and after getting a new one we were unable to re-install the application. It uses an annoying copy protection scheme that senses hardware changes and requires an activation key every time there is a change. We received several activation keys in the last month to reinstall the application but none worked. We have a standard HP Z class workstation with Win 7 - nothing unusual. Has anyone had similar experiences with this application?

I am visiting this board today looking for a replacement imposition software. I do so reluctantly as the version we paid for actually met our needs. Imposition Studio was a fine solution with an arcane protection system that rendered useless for us...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back