''autoloading'' scanner

motormount

Hi all!

I need an ''autoloading'' scanner to batch scan A4 documents,and save them right away to small size pdf's!

Does anyone uses something like that -and suggests it- ?

Thanks in advance!

Many small office MFP or higher end “copy shop” network printers/copiers should have this document feeder option.

Stephen Marsh

Thanks Stephen,i've seen a couple myself on the net,i was hoping somebody here uses one the way i intend to,and verify -or not- that it works properly ( in terms of paper jams,speed,naming conflicts etc )

Thanks again!

Many copiers and digital presses with the scanning function can save documents, but not always automatically to PDFs. They are named by numbers, and you'll just have to fish through the files to find the ones you want. Ask your service people if the software for your printer will allow you to do batch scanning. Once a storage place is designated, they are easy to access.

Make sure you know how to delete them, and wipe the drive securely when you sell or retire the machine. People have been known to take hard drives out of trashed machines to glean whatever info may be useful.

Thanks Possumgal,but i was thinking something like the epson gt 1500,our secretary scans every invoice for some archival reason,the pricing software cannot print the invoices to pdf ,and i'm not even sure that management will pay for the scanner even if is really cheap and proved that gets the job done...

The pricing software may not be able to print directly to PDF, but it should print to file. Then you can convert those files to PDF. I'm guessing that this is on a Windows machine. Windows automatically builds a XPS printer - which is kinda' sorta' a Windows version of PDF.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back