PDF Flipbook with Printer Friendly Articles

VectorSigma

We are going to be making web pdf flip books for a new customer of ours. We are using ihdp (in house digital publishing) to create the pdf flip book. The customer requires that each article in their magazine has a printer friendly version of the story that opens in a new tab or window. They would also like to be able to share each article individually to social networks. I've done some searching on the subject, and everything points to editing the html code to do this. I am NOT an IT person. I do prepress and have no understanding of web code.

Does anyone know of an easy way to give our customer what they want that won't involve me having to learn web code in a matter of days?

The big challenge we've found with PDF anything online is that it doesn't play well well with smartphones or tablets. It just doesn't allow for variations in screen size nor orientation.

One alternative our customers have used is to use the online service provided by BlueToad (BlueToad | Digital Publishing & Digital Editions) to create flip books or any other type of content that was originally intended to be print. You can create links within the flipbook that will allow users to download PDF printable versions of articles. As BlueToad is a service you need not have any HTML skills (I certainly do not).

Good luck. Thomas Bougher, Jet Letter LLC

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back