Problem loading some newer PC CD/dvds

Like the title says we occasionally run into problems loading disks and will try every machine we have. One customers disks can only be seen/read by our Indigo press. I would guess this is a driver issue but haven't seen any updated drivers  or patches covering this issue. I was wondering if anyone had similar problems and knows of a solution?

Thanks

CMW

Re: Problem loading some newer PC CD/dvds

Some of the software that write CD's from Windows do not close the session automatically, in some software called "finalize." The user can then add more content to the disc, but then that disc doesn't conform to the CD specs, and many computers other than the one that wrote it can't read it. So the client says " But I can read the disc! " Ask them to try it in a different computer than the one they use ;) Some Windows software defaults to a CD writing mode that can only be read be that specific brand of software.

Have the people sending you data on CD make sure they are using the mode of the software they use to write using ISO specs. ISO 9660 with MS Joliet extensions gets you a disc that can be read by most computers.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back