How do I incorporated DI-Plot and Inkzones into Prinergy workflow?

Benk

Good Day Everybody,

We use a Muller-Martini Alprinta. We use Prinergy Evo to create the plate separation files. I wish to use Inkzones to send ink key settings to our Alprinta. My question to the forum is how and at what stage should Inkzones be used.
Our current workflow

Indesign for montage
Prinergy Evo for Refine and Imposition
Plates are produced by Magnus 800

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Ben

Hi Ben,
I would most likely produce 1-bit tiff files from EVO and I would use those files in DI-plot to produce the necessary files for Inkzone.
If you only print CMYK you can also produce a low resolution composite TIFF file for DI-Plot.

Hi Johu

Thank you for replying. Are you recommending to place DI-Zone After Evo so that the File for the plates and the file for the Inkzones are the same? This makes sense to me as the same source file is used.

Thank you for clarifying.

Ben

Hi Ben,
that's the "usual" way of working with DI-Plot. With some rips (like Harlequin) the internal ripped files can be used automatically making the use of DI-Plot really transparent. But I have not worked with Evo and DI-Plot so I don't know if the internal files can be used with that combo. Anyway if you go to Manuals and Guides - Digital Information you will find several manuals for DI-Plot connected to different workflows. If Evo is close to prinergy then there is a manual for that.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back