InDesign Export PDF issue

Qbot

Customer sent me a pdf that was exported from InDesign. The rastor image is tiling into multiple images when they are exporting out of InDesign CC 2015. Is there something in there pdf export profile that would cause this? I would ask them for the native files but my manager says "no time for that". Thanks for any help!

First, Why does it matter . . if you want to recapture the original image toss the pdf into Photoshop and extract the images . . . .

When you say that the image is being "tiled into multiple images", are the tiles different in size? If they are different, I wonder if what you are seeing are "atomic regions" as a result of transparency flattening. Flattening is definitely a feature that can be enabled/disabled in a PDF Export Preset.

Best regards,
pd

First, Why does it matter . . if you want to recapture the original image toss the pdf into Photoshop and extract the images . . . .

Seeing 20 tiled images when I open a pdf in my pdf editor (neo) when I should only be seeing one is alarming. When the pdf gets trapped this could lead to a problem.

yes depending on your pdf preset it can "Tile" images

I believe the root problem is with the customers pdf preset. I wish I new what setting the customer is using that's screwing up the pdf. I tried different pdf output settings from my Indesign and can not replicate the problem.

When you say that the image is being "tiled into multiple images", are the tiles different in size? If they are different, I wonder if what you are seeing are "atomic regions" as a result of transparency flattening. Flattening is definitely a feature that can be enabled/disabled in a PDF Export Preset.

Same size... like a checker board.

yes depending on your pdf preset it can "Tile" images

I believe the root problem is with the customers pdf preset. I wish I new what setting the customer is using that's screwing up the pdf. I tried different pdf output settings from my Indesign and can not replicate the problem.

yes I meant at the time of export the preset acutally matters :)

That is the result of flattening transparency. They probably exported the first one as a 1.3 version PDF which automatically flattens the PDF. Exporting as a 1.4 or higher PDF will keep the transparency intact. They really should be using the export settings for a PDF X-4 for print production work.

pd,

did you asked ironically?

If not: All prepressler without an APPE (only with capabilities for postscript-based and no PDF-RIPs) need at least PDF Version 1.3 (without any transparencys/flattened...).

Or what do you mean?

How the tiling itself happens belongs to the infected Objects...

Best,

Ulrich

Last edited:
To fix this problem of InDesign PDF export issue I would like to suggest you to try the solution mentioned in this post. So try the solution if you are a novice user or else you can take the help of recommended software to fix this issue. check it out….!

Read more.......>>>>

How to Fix InDesign error “failed to export the pdf file”

Last edited:
You can also get out of flittering issue by getting the function disabled in Pdf. And you can have the original image whichever you want.Because what you where suffering from was an issue of automated regions.

Web Development Company

Last edited:
I have seen this tiling many times, no harm ever came from them.
I believe this tiling was originally created way then, to help computer programs "digest" and/or display large image files at the time computers and communication hardware were weak and slow.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back