Workflow w Lotem 800

Mark

Ok got another curveball from management. Now they want to know what workflow will drive our Lotem 800 II Quantum if we were to replace our Brisque workflow.
Kodak says they can't drive the Lotem with latest Prinergy version.
What's out there that doesn't cost over 50k and will drive the Lotem? Anyone running a Lotem 800?

Thanks

What exact means "workflow will drive our Lotem 800 II Quantum"? Сreo made CS Expose for exposing 1-bitt TIFFs for replacing Brisque workflow and Kodak just renamed CS Espose to Xpo. But Kodak closed support for Lotems and that why they are saying "they can't drive the Lotem with latest Prinergy version".

I guess i should have said Kodak will not sell us a Prinergy system that will utilize our Lotem.

If you (sensibly) want to avoid the heavyweights, look up popular workflows that can produce 1 bit tiff files (Harlequin based, StudioRip, etc.) and use Brisque as a Shooter. The hardware is very reliable.
Since Brisque 4 the new application JoBit was included.
To enable Brisque to work with a 1-bit TIFF format from many third party systems, JoBit automatically translates the incoming 1-bit TIFF files to to composite Brisque jobs or pages.

It's not good idea to use Brisque in 2017. As you have Lotem 800 II Quantum you can find another "necrohardware" Adaptec SCSI 29160 board, plug it to PC with PCI slot, install Kodak Xpo and have 1-bitt TFF spooler on standard PC platform with modern network and so on

The fact that the Brisque is so darn old makes me expect it to roll over and die any day now. There is no support from Kodak so we are nervous.
I'd like to replace the workflow and keep the Lotem (due to cost)

JoBit needs no license.
It may be picky on specific tiffs, but there are ways to go about fixing that.
However, saving the ripp'ed 1bit tiffs as composite PDF is certainly more practical, Harlequin and others have it as standard.
Now, because of Brisques' age - I kept that in mind and bought some used ones for backup, they came cheap!
Incidentally, I am still on the lookout for a second 6E3...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back