Trying to save an .ai file to a pdf

Qbot

I am trying to save a .ai to a pdf and am getting this warning/error (acrobat pdf file format is having difficulties. A number is out of range). Anybody ever see this?

Have you tried bringing the numbers within range?

That is my question "what number is out of range"

I think it may be my lack of enough RAM. There is a 1.12 gig file and a 2.16 gig file placed in my ai file.

Just bring the numbers within range! Problem solved.

I have no idea hove to "bring the numbers within range" please enlighten me...

It's a checkbox right at the bottom....
RangeFIX.jpg

I've found it is usually a problem with an image on the page when I get that error message. Try removing one at a time and making the PDF. When it succeeds it was the last one you removed.

If it isn't working within Illustrator. You could try opening the .ai file in acrobat and saving as a pdf there. Might work.

I think it may be my lack of enough RAM. There is a 1.12 gig file and a 2.16 gig file placed in my ai file.

This sounds like it could be it. Can the file be re-created quickly in InDesign and exported from there? Seems to work better that AI sometimes.

Hello,

If your Ai File has been saved as Illustrator default then a quick workaround is to duplicate the file and rename the copy as .PDF

Of course you are just pushing the problem on to the next guy so the responsible thing to do is fix it.

Everyone is still ignoring my solution.

Hello PricelineNegotiator,

Yes. Sorry about that. The thing is, on my Mac, that option is not available. I've attached a screen shot of what I get. So I might get that option in another menu.

Qbot wants to save an AI as a PDF. In your screen shot Your saving an AI as an AI.

So how does your solution work? Do you get this page range option when you save AI as PDF.

~or~

Do you save AI as Ai with Page Range and then save that AI as PDF?

Attachments

• photo6765.png
    photo6765.png
    75.2 KB · Views: 357
Now here is a man who is making an effort. From what is read, and the generous experiences presented from the gracious forum members, methinks he has a great chance at success.

His action verb in the initial posting says it all. At a bare minimum, he is 1/2 way there.

Does anyone know why?

That's right folks.

D

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back