If you were to set up a newspaper publisher

gordo

I'm looking for ideas around setting up a daily newspaper production flow - from layout to press control.

A certain daily with a circulation of 35K issues per day will be moving their current production facilities to a new location. This opens an opportunity to basically start afresh from dumping Multi-page ad creator all the way to adding process automation to their press operation.

This is obviously going to be a long term project so I'm asking for ideas to get the research started.

Thanks!

I'm looking for ideas around setting up a daily newspaper production flow - from layout to press control.

A certain daily with a circulation of 35K issues per day will be moving their current production facilities to a new location. This opens an opportunity to basically start afresh from dumping Multi-page ad creator all the way to adding process automation to their press operation.

This is obviously going to be a long term project so I'm asking for ideas to get the research started.

Thanks!

Recently, Goss has had comments about a new inker called Omniflow. It was said it was simpler than their existing inkers but so far I have no details on what it is. It may be that they are doing the same mistakes they have been doing for decades or maybe they are actually doing something different.

It is aimed at Goss presses and other makes.

It might be something to follow related to press automation.

look at presteligence we are the leading provider of newspaper production workflows, for editorial CMS to CTP output
Contact me if you would like more information

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back