Wideformat Artwork Setup workflow

adamfilip

Tryng to determine some best practices for setting up files for Wide format printing
I am in the lucky position of doing prepress for a AGFA Wideformat flatbed printer and we use Agfa Asanti RIP to process the files.

I am trying to determine the best way to process/accept artwork
I have watched and read alot about colour management but its still confusing.

I have some questions

Should new artwork be setup in a RBG colorspace instead of CMYK, since my printer is CMYKLcLmW

Should I assign a SWOP or Gracol 2006 profile or disable color management in illustrator

What format of PDF standard should I use that maintains transparency and Layers. when I save the output for Agfa Asanti

should the PDF preserve the colour profile or ignore it?

Would appreciate some basic guideance. (point form lol)

​​​​​​​

Like all digital presses your highest gamut printing is going to be, let the RIP convert from RGB space to Output Device space.

Agfa Asanti should be able to handle PDF/X-4 files (mixed CMYK and RGB) and convert the RGB-data to the printer profile. A good start would be to save/export your artwork as PDF/X-4 from Illustrator/Indesign.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back