Direct to Screen

Macmann

Not sure where to post this since there are so few of us out there. We are an industrial screen printer, printing on vinyl and plastic which is then molded and formed. We are contemplating moving our process from a film based imagesetter to Direct to Screen technology. I was hoping those of you who have made this transition could share your journey, along with the pitfalls and benefits you have encountered. We are currently using the ESKO Suite of products. Thanks in advance for any input you may have.

Are we talking shampoo bottles and such or am I way off. Have past experience with a Leuscher (SP?) DTS system that sprayed hot opaque wax onto a prepped screen, which then was exposed and ran through a hot water wash and blow dry setup. Format was VLF for a 108" Sias 8 color inline screen press.

What is your max size? I would bet there are newer technologies out there as this was 15 years ago. Maybe a large UV imagesetter exists?

Mainly the automotive and appliance industry. Graphics are screened first surface and or second surface, coatings applied and then formed all while compensating for the distortions in the forming process. Extremely high resolution is required, 2000 to 4000 dpi is typical with some projects calling for 5080. Repeatability and tight tolerances are a must- plus or minus a few thousandths in some cases. We have this ability with film but the imagesetter is going the way of the dodo bird. Currently max size is roughly 53" x 64".

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back