Workflow and Color management

KNB

We are looking to streamline our whole pre-press process here and I've been investigating several options (prinergy, apogee etc). Does anyone have any preferences?

Hope to be setting up a Prinergy Entry system at a customers and I am really liking what I see, all the good bits of Prinergy without the nail-bite Oracle database.

And you use this system for proofing or ordering? I've never worked with a full suite of workflow software and it can be overwhelming the amount of things they can do.

Please describe what would you like to do with your system. What do you want to automate, streamline etc?

streamline approval process and try and automate some of the customer service work. For example we have several customers in the US (we are in CDN) and it takes too much time to run approvals back and forth

streamline approval process and try and automate some of the customer service work. For example we have several customers in the US (we are in CDN) and it takes too much time to run approvals back and forth

You had me at “approval”.

Without going into too much detail or sales-speak, Esko’s combination of Automation Engine (for prepress) and WebCenter (for online Approvals) work very well together. AE prepress workflow Publishes the file to your WebCenter website where your customer views to approve. Automation Engine’s workflow waits for feedback from WCR. Immediately upon your customers decision in WCR your AE workflow will route to the next task based on that customer decision. (see screenshots attached).

Attachments

• AE WF.jpg
    AE WF.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 176
  • WCR.jpg
    WCR.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:

You can do all these and a lot more with a clever combination of Enfocus Switch + Callas pdfToolbox Server. That road implies a littlebit of a learning curve, but after that you'll have enormous freedom to introduce new services to your customers, without asking for professional help.

If you're after 'boxed' solutions, there is Tucanna (available from FourPees), which will fill the bill. Under the hood it's Callas pdfToolbox, too.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back